Sunday, January 13, 2008

4 Weeks. 4 Blogs. And go.

This personal bet was born of a few things:

1. I haven't written a new post in awhile and I've been meaning to.
2. For me, writing is a form of meditation, which I think I'll be able to do better than regular meditation because as much as I'd like to (and I do realize that this is the point) I don't have enough time in the day to sit still for any significant period.
3. Besides hopefully learning some amount of focus, forcing myself to write may actually mean that I put into words the things that are running around in my head, some of which may be worth remembering.

So here are the terms:

I will post one blog per week for the next month. There could be more than one (don't hold your breath) but at the minimum there will be a new post each seven-day period. The week will run from Monday morning to Sunday night, and posts may come any time within that particular week. Week one begins tomorrow, January 14th. Week four ends Sunday February 10th. There will be no cop-out posts containing lame excuses such as "I had nothing interesting to say this week." There is always something interesting and/or important to say. The challenge of a good and disciplined writer is to draw from his or her experiences regularly, not simply when the mood strikes.

Best of luck to me. I will endeavor to come up with something worth your valuable time.

No comments: